Music-o-blog

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Chemical Brothers Mix

Is it really that long since anyone posted here? Come on guys summers over now, lets see some action. I recently got the Chemical Brothers singles comp cd and some new software for mixing on my pc. This is the my first attempt at a mix using it, although not a live mix. Track listing;

  1. If you kling to me I'll klong to you
  2. Piku playground (live)
  3. Leave home
  4. Block rockin' beats
  5. Song to the siren
  6. Loops of fury
  7. The duke
  8. Not another drugstore (Planet Nine remix
  9. Delik
  10. Morning lemon
  11. Hey boy hey girl
  12. Otter rock
  13. The test
  14. Star guitar
  15. Out of control
  16. Under the influence (mix 2)
  17. The Golden path
ENJOY

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Mixmeister is very good.

    I used it a long time ago though... wonder what the Mac alternative is?

    By Blogger Tao, at 10/13/2007 08:31:00 am  

  • I have no knowledge of mixmeister - but it sounds a bit like Ableton, which is available for the Mac, and aceness personified. I have Ableton 5 which rather frustratingly works better on my old G4 than on my MacBook - emulating the old chip buggers with the CPU usage or summat but I believe they have written Ableton 6 for the Dual Intel and I'm very tempted...

    By Blogger Chris, at 10/13/2007 09:15:00 am  

  • Ableton is a bit too clever for me.
    Is'nt it a real MIDI type thing? Cubase clone etc?

    Anyway.. Mixmeister is a cool app. It does beat matching and auto mixing and stuff. Does alot of it for you and then you can just tweak it after. A friend of mine uses it to live DJ at gigs/weddings/parties etc. Just turns up with his laptop and some BMF speakers.

    I used it to mix my "The Flat Compilation" CD on here back in May 05.

    Not sure if I still have the mix though. Will have to look it up on my PC somewhere..

    TraktorDJ looks like it does a similar thing for the mac too. Review here.

    By Blogger Tao, at 10/13/2007 10:17:00 am  

  • Ableton is very clever - but very easy to use so you can ignore all the clever stuff and simply use it to do live DJ'ing. Well worth going to the site and watching some of the vids.

    http://www.ableton.com/pages/movies/movies?type=live

    By Blogger Chris, at 10/13/2007 10:29:00 am  

  • Well... if it's good enough for the prodigy... it's good enough for me too!

    Downloading it now!

    By Blogger Tao, at 10/13/2007 12:41:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home